Redmi Note 7S caught fire; Xiaomi and the user blame each other!

Phone maker Xiaomi and their phone user have clashed over the Redmi Note 7S fire. The phone of Ishwar Chavan, a resident of Mumbai, was set on fire. When the owner repeatedly stated that the phone was damaged due to faulty construction, Xiaomi explained that the accident was caused by not using the phone properly. Ishwar Chavan said in his note that Chavan had purchased the Redmi Note 7S from Flipkart in October and that the phone had no problems till November 2. However, Chavan says that when the phone smelled like burning from the phone, the phone was quickly put on the table and not when the phone was charging. Chavan made it clear that his phone did not fall to the ground. Even the SIM card also can’t be taken out. Ishwar Chavan then contacted Xiaomi’s Thane official store. After checking the phone for five days, Shawomi said the battery was bad. With this, Chavan revealed his experience on Facebook. When the incident became controversial, Xiaomi officially released a detailed note. The company said that every phone was released after the necessary security checks at various stages of construction and that the fault was on the part of the customer. Xiaomi’s statement reportedly reads, “At Xiaomi, the quality of our products is of utmost importance. The trust that Mi Fans have shown in the brand for the past 5 years is a testament to that. We also take pride in having one of the strongest after-sales networks in the country with an aim to solve customer issues seamlessly. In this particular case, after careful examination, it was concluded that the damage was caused due to external force, and thus, classified under ‘customer induced damage.”

Back to top button