The much-anticipated IPL T20 cricket tournament kicks off on September 19 in the United Arab Emirates. The IPL management has announced that the final match will be played on November 10.
The final of the IPL series to date has been played on Sunday, the weekend. For the first time this year it is scheduled to be held on Tuesday (November 10).
However, the application for permission to play in the IPL is pending with the Central Government. It has been announced that China’s Vivo will continue to sponsor the IPL tournament as the boycott of Chinese products in India continues against China.
The IPL matches, which were usually scheduled to start in March, have been postponed indefinitely due to the rising incidence of coronavirus in India. The BCCI had planned to hold the match somehow as it was a multi-billion dollar match. But the situation in India over the past few months has not been conducive to that.
The BCCI had planned to hold the match in closed stadiums without allowing fans. Especially when it was planned to be held in Mumbai, it was dropped as the corona impact in Mumbai was at its peak.
Following this, Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates were selected after deciding to host the IPL abroad. Most of those choices were in the United Arab Emirates.
The IPL has decided to host the 13th edition of the ICC T20 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates following the ICC’s formal announcement of the postponement of the series.
The IPL executive committee meeting to decide the date of the match was held yesterday.
The decisions taken at this meeting were:
- The 13th edition of the IPL T20 cricket tournament has been decided to be held in the United Arab Emirates. The competition, which starts on September 19, runs for 53 days. The final takes place on November 10th.
- The competition is being held in 3 cities namely Dubai, Sharjah, and Abu Dhabi. The IPL administration is waiting for the approval of the central government. We hope to get permission in the next couple of days.
- The competition is being held for 3 days in addition to the previous days. The 10 matches in these games are set to take place in two games.
- The 8 teams participating in the IPL can hold up to 24 players. Because of the vulnerability of the coronavirus, there is no restriction on keeping substitutes. You can pick as many replacements as you need.
- Matches all start 30 minutes early. Accordingly, the evening match will start at 3.30 pm (Indian time) instead of 4 pm. The night match will start at 7.30 pm (Indian time) instead of 8 pm. China’s Vivo continues to sponsor IPL matches
- It is also allowed to hold IPL matches for women. The 3 teams will play 4 matches in the United Arab Emirates. The Tata Group and a company from the United Arab Emirates are in talks to provide medical assistance to the players.
- Over the next 7 to 10 days all IPL team managers will be given consistent guidelines ”.
Thus it is stated.
The IPL management has signed a five-year contract worth Rs 440 crore a year with China’s Vivo, the sponsor of the IPL. The deal expires in 2022.