India Post GDS Recruitment 2020: Notification has been issued for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in Himachal Pradesh Postal Circle of India Post. Applications have been invited for a total of 634 vacancies of Gramin Dak Sevaks. The last date for online application is 6 November 2020.
Tenth pass candidates can apply for these posts. There will be no written examination. The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of merit. Merit will be made on the basis of marks in 10th. If a candidate has a higher qualification, it will not matter. Only 10th marks will form the basis of selection. Under this recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak, the post of Branch Postmaster, Assistant Branch Postmaster, Dak Sevak will be filled.
– Minimum 18 years and maximum 40 years. The age limit will be decided on 22 June 2020.
In the maximum age limit, relaxation of five years will be given to Scheduled Castes, three years to OBC category and 10 years to differently-abled people.
– Passed 10th class from the recognized school board of education. Candidates who passed the Class X examination in the first attempt will be given preference.
– Candidates having more qualifications than mandatory educational qualifications will not get any kind of preference.
Must have knowledge of the Hindi language.
– 60 days Basic Computer Training Certificate from a recognized school education board.
– Candidates who have studied computer as a subject in Class X or XII or higher will be exempted from the Basic Computer Information Certificate.
Pay Scale (as per post)
– Rs 12,000 to Rs 14,500 for GDS BPM.
– Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000 for GDS ABPM.
– Based on the online submission applications of the candidates, the merit list will be prepared and selected.
– Candidates having higher educational qualification will not get any kind of priority. The final selection will be based on the marks obtained in the 10th standard.
– If the applicant has chosen five posts as a priority and gets selected for more than one post on the basis of merit, then he/she will be selected for the same post.
Other necessary conditions for getting the post
Residence: Candidates who are finally selected for the posts will be required to submit proof of living in the village with the respective branch post office within one month of selection.
Source of Income: Candidates selected for the posts will have to provide proof that they have another source of income. That is, he is not dependent on salary from the postal department only for his livelihood. This proof has to be given within 30 days of selection.
Selection of location for branch post office: The candidates selected for the post of GDS BPM will have to ensure availability of space for the operation of the post office in the village earmarked for the branch post office. This work has to be done within 30 days of selection.
Interested candidates can go to appost.in or appost.in/gdsonline and see detailed notifications.