Pongal is a major festival in Tamil Nadu. Pongal is the harvesting festival of Tamils, as the Malayalees call it the Singam One Harvest Festival. This year, the Pongal Festival will be held from January 14 to 16. The Pongal celebration of Tamils will last from the last day of the Tamil month of Markaazhi to the third day of the month.
The first day of Pongal celebrations is known as bogi. The second day was Taipankal. On the third day is Mattuppunkal. On the fourth day, there will be a festival called Pongal. Pongal literally means “boiled rice”. Pongal is known as Makar Sankranti in Kerala.
1. May the divine blessings of Surya reach your home. Wish you and your family a Happy Pongal!
2. May the sweetness of gur, doodh and kaju bring happiness into your life. A very happy Pongal!
3. May the almighty bless you all with the best of health, wealth & prosperity. Wishing you & your loved ones a very Happy Pongal.
4. Wishing you a prosperous future and a happy Pongal!
We thank the sun for burning himself to provide us warmth.
We thank the plants for sacrificing themselves for our life.
We thank the creatures helping us live a healthy life.
5. Wishing that your stocks soar and the Lord’s divine blessings always be upon you.
6. May the harvest festival guarantee you always have the best food and best life. Greetings on Pongal!