Mint or mint has long been used in cooking. This leaf has remarkable medicinal properties and is used by Indians in various foods and beverages. Mint is a rich source of polyphenols. It has a distinct taste and aroma. It is rich in Vitamin A, C, and B complexes. It enhances immunity and skin health. Another nutritional value of mint is that it contains iron, potassium, and manganese. It increases hemoglobin and improves brain function, ”said Dr. Saurabh Arora, Director, Arbro Pharmaceuticals. He adds that mint helps digestion. It has carminative and antispasmodic properties. Mint chewing helps to get rid of body fat and flatulence. The essential oils contained in mint can help relieve toothache.
10 health benefits of mint
1. Helps Digestion – Mint contains antioxidants, menthol, and phytonutrients that help enzymes absorb food. The essential oils of mint have strong anti-bacterial and antiseptic effects, which can soothe constipation in the stomach and reduce acidity and flatulence.
2. To cure asthma – Regular consumption of mint can reduce chest overweight. Methanol in mint acts as a decongestant, which helps to loosen the mucus that accumulates in the lungs. It also shrinks the swollen skin of the nose and helps to breathe better. When using mint, make sure you do not overuse it, otherwise, you may experience discomfort in your airways.
3. Resolves headaches. Contains menthol mint which helps to relax muscles and relieve pain. Applying mint juice to your forehead will relieve the headache. Mint base or mint oil balm is effective in relieving headaches.
4. Reduces stress and depression – Mint is the most widely used herb in aromatherapy. It has a strong, invigorating scent that helps to relieve stress and refresh the body and mind. The apoptogenic activity of mint helps to regulate the level of cortisol in the blood, which stimulates the body’s natural response to relieve stress. Breathing in the essential oils of mint will instantly release the serotonin in the blood. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that can alleviate the symptoms of stress and depression.
5. Promotes Weight Loss – The essential oils in mint stimulate digestive enzymes, increase bile and promote digestion. It also helps in better absorption of nutrients from food. When the body is able to properly absorb and absorb nutrients, your metabolism increases. This increase in metabolism promotes weight loss.
6- Makes skin healthy – Mint has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Mint leaves are high in salicylic acid. It works against acne. It also acts as an effective skin cleanser. Mint has antioxidant properties that help to remove free radicals from the body and achieve radiant and youthful skin. Mint retains moisture in the skin and removes skin cells. Removes dirt from the pores of the skin and gives the skin radiance and color.
7- Mouth Hygiene – Chewing mint leaves is a great way to improve oral hygiene and dental health. The essential oils of mint are helpful in refreshing. In addition, the use of mouthwash containing peppermint oil can help kill bacteria in the mouth and provide healthy gums and teeth.
8- Improves memory – “According to research, pudina can improve memory and restore the cognitive function of the brain. Regular consumption of mint enhances brain power by improving alertness, memory, and other cognitive functions, ”said Saurabh Arora.
9- Treatment for colds – If you have colds and difficulty breathing, mint is the best remedy for it. Most vapor balms and inhalers contain mint. Mint naturally eliminates blockages in the nose, throat, lungs, and lungs. In addition to the respiratory channels, mint also alleviates the problems caused by a chronic cough.
10-Relieves symptoms of nausea – Mint is an effective treatment for nausea that often occurs as part of morning sickness. Eating or smelling a few mints leaves every morning can help pregnant women avoid nausea or cope better with it.