The PrimeTime
Health News

COVID-19 pandemic: Number of recoveries exceed active cases for first time

The number of recovered COVID-19 patients has exceeded the total active cases in India for the first time on Wednesday, according to the Union Health Ministry data. India reported close to 10,000 new instances of the infection in the last 24 hours till Wednesday, pushing the country’s cumulative caseload to over 2.7 lakh.
The country has recorded 279 new fatalities due to COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, taking the death toll to 7,745. The number of active cases in the country stands at 1,33,632, while 1,35,205 people have recovered, and one patient has migrated, the ministry said.
“Thus, 48.99 percent of the patients have recovered so far,” an official said. Dr Neeraj Gupta, a professor in the Department of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi, said the data shows that more and more people are recovering which is as per global trends that 80 percent is likely to have mild disease and make 100 percent recovery.

“This should provide hope to the people of India at large who are having a mortal fear of the disease. But then this should not make them complacent and people should follow social distancing and sanitization guidelines,” Gupta said.

As per global evidence, 80 percent of COVID-19 cases are mild cases, while the remaining 20 percent may develop complications that would require hospitalization. Out of the hospitalized cases of COVID-19, only 5 percent may require ICU care, an official said.

According to the ICMR, a total of 50,61,332 samples have been tested till 9 am on Wednesday, with 1,45,216 samples been tested in the last 24 hours. India currently is the fifth worst-hit nation by the COVID-19 pandemic after the US, Brazil, Russia, and the UK, according to data issued by the Johns Hopkins University.

“Publish

Related posts

Happy New Year 2020: Wishes, Images, Status and Quotes

Roselin Ravikrishnan

Miss Universe 2019 winner is Miss South Africa Zozibini Tunzi, India’s Vartika Singh crashes out

Keerthi Krishna

Deepika Padukone returns to South India, A new film from the slogan!

Assam TET Result 2019: Assam TET Exam Results Released

Roselin Ravikrishnan

Anushka Shetty going to marry a divorcee director!

Here’s the reason why I stopped acting after the wedding: Saranya Mohan!

Roselin Ravikrishnan

Bigg Boss 13: Vishal and Madhurima, victims of Molestation, revealed about sexual abuse in front of Lakshmi Agarwal

Roselin Ravikrishnan

‘James Bond’ actress’s tests COVID-19 positive

Roselin Ravikrishnan

JAC 9th Result 2020 Live Updates: Jharkhand 9th Result released on jacresults.com, 97 percent pass, here is the direct link

Seeing sex in anything and everything is mental illness, Actors supported to Thara kalyan

Keerthi Krishna

Vicky Kaushal does not plan for career, actor told this reason

Roselin Ravikrishnan

CGBSE 10th and 12th Result 2020: 10th and 12th results declared on cgbse.nic.in, Check the results now

Silpa Ps
escort bayan bayan escort pornhub türk porno hd porno sikiş hikayeleri travesti porno bayan escort escort bayan bayan escort casino