India Post GDS Vacancy 2020: 2582 vacancies of Gramin Dak Sevaks have come out in North East, Jharkhand Postal Circle, and Punjab Postal Circle under Indian Postal Department. There are 948 vacancies in North East Circle, 1118 vacancies in Jharkhand Postal Circle, and 516 vacancies in Punjab Postal Circle. The process of online application for these posts has started on November 12 and the last date is December 11, 2020. 10th pass candidates can apply for these posts. There will be no written examination. The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of merit. Merit will be made on the basis of marks in 10th. If a candidate has a higher qualification, it will not matter. Only 10th marks will form the basis of selection. Under this recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak, the post of Branch Postmaster, Assistant Branch Postmaster, Dak Sevak will be filled.
– Minimum 18 years and maximum 40 years. The age limit will be decided on 12 November 2020.
In the maximum age limit, relaxation of five years will be given to Scheduled Castes, three years to the OBC category, and 10 years to differently-abled people.
– Passed 10th class from the recognized school board of education. Must have passed 10th in Maths, the local language, and English. It is also necessary to have studied the local language by the 10th.
Candidates who passed the Class X examination in the first attempt will be given preference.
– Candidates having more qualifications than mandatory educational qualifications will not get any kind of preference.
Must have knowledge of the Hindi language.
– 60 days Basic Computer Training Certificate from a recognized school education board.
– Candidates who have studied computer as a subject in Class X or XII or higher will be exempted from the Basic Computer Information Certificate.
Pay Scale (by post)
– Rs 12,000 to Rs 14,500 for BPM.
– Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000 for GDS / ABPM.
– Based on the online submission applications of the candidates, the merit list will be prepared and selected.
– Candidates having higher educational qualification will not get any kind of priority. The final selection will be based on the marks obtained in the 10th standard.
– If the applicant has chosen five posts as a priority and gets selected for more than one post on the basis of merit, then he/she will be selected for the same post.
Notification direct link
Other necessary conditions for getting the post
Residence: Candidates who are finally selected for the posts will be required to submit proof of living in the village having the respective branch post office within one month of selection.
Source of Income: Candidates selected for the posts will have to provide proof that they have another source of income. That is, he is not dependent only on the salary he gets from the postal department for his livelihood. This proof has to be given within 30 days of selection.
Selection of location for branch post office: The candidates selected for the post of GDS BPM will have to ensure availability of space for the operation of the post office in the village earmarked for the branch post office. This work has to be done within 30 days of selection.
Interested candidates can go to post. in or appost.in/gdsonline and see detailed notifications.